Patient Champion opportunities with Leeds CCG
These are external opportunities with Leeds West CCG
1. Active Signposting Training Procurement
They want a couple of their patient champions to support a local project to train GP receptionists. The training will enable receptionists to help patients use their GP service more efficiently, this will help people avoid unnecessary appointments.The role on this project will be to help ensure that the project involves patients appropriately in the process. It will also involve supporting the CCG to score prospective providers of the service. You will need to be objective and take a step back from any personal views. Training will be provided.
If you’d like to find out more please contact firstname.lastname@example.org asap
2. "Introducing the NHS" Patient Champion Training
They are running a training session to introduce the NHS at the John Lewis Community Hub on Saturday 10th June between 10am and 3pm.
You’ll learn all about how the NHS works and find out how you can influence decision-making in the health service.
If you are interested in attending please email Chris Bridle at email@example.com .
3. Would you like to help improve the experience of medicines-related care for older people leaving hospital?
Bradford University are recruiting to a public-led research design group to improve care for older people leaving hospital.
People will be paid expenses and £37.50 for participation in the sessions.
If you would like to know more, please contact Justine either by email firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone 07843937445
4. Support the development of the Leeds Cancer Strategy
• The CCGs in Leeds would like to raise awareness of the Leeds Cancer Strategy and explore ways they can involve patients, carers and the public in its development and delivery.
• They are holding an event at Leeds City Museum on Thursday 13 July 2017 between 10am and 12pm.
• This will give you an opportunity to hear what they are doing in Leeds to improve cancer services and find out how you can get involved.
• Lunch provided
• Very limited spaces so please book early.
• To book a place please contact email@example.com
5. Help Strengthen the City through Advocacy
Advonet are hosting an event on Wednesday 28th June 2017 between 10am and 2pm at Brodrick Hall at the Leeds City museum. The purpose of the event is primarily to highlight the diversity of advocacy in the city.
- There is the opportunity for us to have a stall at this event and we would like to use the opportunity to give out our new PPG leaflets and talk with people about getting involved with their PPGs. To do this, it would be great if a few patient champions would like to be involved. If you are interested please email firstname.lastname@example.org .