Volunteer Thank you Event
Our annual Volunteer thank you event took place on 26th June at the Thackeray Medical Museum. This year’s theme was an Oscars style awards ceremony. It was a great event with staff and volunteers dressing up for the occasion! It was a great opportunity for our volunteers to meet each other and find out more about the work they’ve been involved in and the impact they’ve made. It was also important to thank everyone who has volunteered for us over the last year.
Whilst we appreciate all volunteers input we gave out awards to some of our volunteers who have made huge contributions to our work:
- Volunteer of the year award HWL - Martin Kennard
- Project Support Volunteers of the year – Claire Paylor, Anna Chippindale, Helen Dannatt
- Healthwatch representative of the year award – Betty Smithson
- Office volunteer of the Year - Patience Vundula and Muligetta Kidane
- Outreach Champion – Nazish Mahmood
- Top Telephoner – Leanne Holdsworth
- Most Creative – Gemma O’Connell and Shanjida Ahmed
- Make a difference award - Sam Flannigan
- Virtual volunteer of the year – David Sgorbatti and Alice Waymann
2016-2017 - *100 Club – Special award for those that have given 100 hours of their time volunteering for us
- (Left to right) Liv Powell - Shanjida Ahmed - Anna Chippindale - Lesley Sterling Baxter - John Beal - Claire Paylor
Michelle Cale from Leeds City Councilattended to present Martin Kennard with the Volunteer of the Year Award.
Michelle also gave certificates to volunteers that helped with our joint home care project. (Left to right) Leanne Holdsworth - Anna Chippindale - Martin Kennard - Helen Dannatt - Michelle Cale - Stuart Morrison - Craig McKenna - Sharanjit Bougham